Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 18 February 2019
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind light becoming southeast 15 knots this morning then becoming west 15 near noon. Wind backing to southwest 20 this evening then increasing to west 20 to 30 overnight. Wind west 20 to 30 Tuesday.
Showers this morning and beginning this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 February 2019 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today intensifying trough located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Tuesday trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Mainland Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located over BC interior.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 AM PST 18 February 2019 An approaching trough of low pressure will intensify over the North
Coast tonight and stretch across the mainland coast by Tuesday
morning. In the wake of the trough, northwesterly gales will develop
over Bowie tonight then spread to northern and central waters Tuesday
morning and the west coast of Vancouver Island in the afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: