Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 July 2019
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind south 15 to 20 knots backing to southeast 20 to 25 Wednesday afternoon.
Showers ending late overnight. Risk of thunderstorms late this afternoon. Rain beginning Wednesday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 July 2019 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line north-south
over Cape Scott.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1012 mb located over northern Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing low 1012 mb located over
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located over the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located off Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:32 AM PDT 23 July 2019 A ridge of high pressure over Explorer will build today. Gale force
westerlies will develop over eastern sections of Juan de Fuca Strait
this afternoon then ease to strong late this evening.
A frontal system will approach northern and offshore waters on
Wednesday. Along the front, gale force southeasterlies will develop
over the offshore waters Wednesday morning then the northern waters
late Wednesday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: