Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 08 February 2023
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind south 15 knots increasing to southeast 35 this afternoon and to southeast 45 to 55 early this evening. Wind diminishing to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight then becoming southeast 30 early Thursday morning. Wind diminishing to south 20 Thursday afternoon.
Rain this afternoon tonight and Thursday. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 08 February 2023
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 8 February 2023 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday low 986 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low 990 mb located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:18 AM PST 8 February 2023 A Pacific front is approaching the coast this morning. The front will
bring widespread gale to storm force southeasterlies to offshore
waters through this morning and then to all northern and central
waters by this afternoon. Hurricane force southeasterlies will
develop over Northern Vancouver Island late this evening.
Another trough of low pressure overnight crosses the offshore waters
and will merge with the one currently over Hecate Strait and the
central waters. This will push gales south into the inner south
Coast waters, and will help maintain gale to storm force southerlies
from East Dixon south to Queen Charlotte Sound through much of
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: