Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 29 November 2022
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northeast 15 to 25 Wednesday evening.
Flurries this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in flurries.
Risk of freezing spray overnight and Wednesday.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PST 29 November 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 29 November 2022 Tonight and Wednesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary low 988 mb located over
northern Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary ridge located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 29 November 2022 A ridge of high pressure over the British Columbia Interior will
continue to give gale to storm force outflow winds through the
mainland inlets tonight through Wednesday. Over northern coastal
waters, a risk of freezing spray will exist tonight through Wednesday
as Arctic air pushes out from the mainland inlets.
An intensifying low pressure system will remain over North Vancouver
Island tonight and gradually weaken on Wednesday. Ahead of the low,
gale to storm force easterlies over central waters and the South
Coast will shift to gale to storm force northerlies in its wake and
persist through Wednesday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: