Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PST 26 November 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots backing to southeast 10 to 20 early this evening then becoming southeast 15 to 25 late this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight and to southeast 40 to 50 early Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 near noon Saturday then becoming southwest 20 to 30 Saturday evening.
Showers changing to rain near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PST 26 November 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 26 November 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located over the South Coast.
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By noon PST Saturday departing frontal system located over the
At 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday low located over northern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Saturday departing low located over the Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM PST 26 November 2021 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters tonight.
Winds will rise to gale to storm force southeasterly over the
northern and central waters overnight. Winds will rise to strong to
gale force southeasterly over the southern waters overnight.
An area of low pressure will pass north of Bowie on Saturday morning
leading to strong to gale force southwesterly winds for water west
Of Haida Gwaii well into Saturday night.
A trough of low pressure trailing this area of low pressure will
sweep through northern waters from northwest to southeast on Saturday
night. Strong to gale force southwesterlies over northern and
Central waters will precede this trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: