Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PST 22 November 2017
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 5 to 15 knots veering to west 15 to 20 late this evening then backing to southwesterly 15 to 25 near noon Thursday. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Thursday evening.
A few showers changing to rain late Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 02:37 AM PST 23 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 22 November 2017 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
By 2:00 p.m. PST Thursday weakening frontal system located over
At 1:00 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Thursday frontal system located west of Haida
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:27 PM PST 22 November 2017 A frontal system extending from the Central Coast to Explorer will
gradually weaken. Southerly gales over central
Waters will weaken overnight, but will persist over Explorer until
Another approaching frontal system will track toward the offshore
waters Thursday afternoon. Ahead of the front, southerly gales will
develop over Bowie Thursday evening then spread to central and
northern waters Thursday overnight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: