Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 May 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to south 15 to 25 near midnight and to south 10 to 15 Tuesday morning. Wind diminishing to light Tuesday evening.
Rain changing to chance of showers overnight and Tuesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 May 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 May 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Tuesday weakening ridge located on a line
north-south over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight weakening cold front located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
By 11:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday dissipating cold front located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:26 PM PDT 21 May 2018 A cold front over Haida Gwaii is weakening this evening. Gale force
southerlies ahead of the front over Dixon Entrance East and Hecate
Strait north will ease to strong overnight. Winds will continue to
ease Tuesday as the front dissipates and a weak ridge of high
pressure builds over BC waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: