Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 20 May 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early this evening then becoming southeast 25 to 35 early Monday afternoon.
Chance of showers changing to rain after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PDT 20 May 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 20 May 2018 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today dissipating warm front located on a line
north-south over Langara.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Monday cold front located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:51 PM PDT 20 May 2018 A cold front will approach the northern offshore waters this
Evening. The system will move eastward to Bowie by Monday morning
And reach Haida Gwaii by Monday afternoon. Ahead of the front, gale
force southerly winds will develop over most northern waters tonight
and Monday. The winds will ease Monday evening as the system
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: