Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 27 February 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 10 to 20 knots backing to southwest 15 to 25 this morning then increasing to southwest 25 to 35 after midnight. Wind becoming west 20 to 30 Sunday morning then diminishing to west 15 Sunday evening.
Rain changing to showers this evening then to rain overnight. Showers Sunday morning and ending Sunday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 27 February 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 27 February 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today high located southwest of the offshore
At 4:00 p.m. PST today approaching frontal system located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PST 27 February 2021 A ridge of high pressure parked in the Eastern Pacific ocean has
maintained widespread strong northwest winds across most Southern BC
marine waters with marginal gales off Southwest Vancouver island
early this morning. These winds will rapidly ease to moderate this
A frontal system will approach Haida Gwaii this afternoon. Strong to
gale force southwesterly winds are expected over northern offshore
waters this evening and will spread to the North Coast tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: