Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 23 November 2017
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwesterly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 this evening then diminishing to southwesterly 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind backing to southeast 30 Friday evening.
A few showers changing to rain late this afternoon and ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 November 2017
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 November 2017 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today trough located off Vancouver Island.
By 8:00 p.m. PST tonight dissipating trough located over the
southern Mainland Coast.
At 1:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday weakening frontal system located over
central Vancouver Island.
At 7:00 a.m. PST Friday intensifying frontal system located over
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday frontal system located over northern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:24 AM PST 23 November 2017 An approaching frontal system will move across the northern offshore
waters tonight and then weaken as it approaches Northern Vancouver
Island Friday morning. Ahead of the front, southerly gales will
develop over Bowie this afternoon. The gales will then spread to
northern and central waters tonight and to some southern waters on
Another frontal system will develop west of Bowie Friday morning.
Ahead of this front southwest gales will develop over Bowie as the
low moves north.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: