Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PST 19 January 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Wind west 10 to 15 knots increasing to west 20 early this evening then backing to southwest 20 to 25 late this evening. Wind backing to south 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind south 10 to 20 Sunday.
Showers ending Sunday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 19 January 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 993 mb located off Prince Rupert.
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight dissipating low 996 mb located over the
southern Alaska panhandle.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 998 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday low 1005 mb located north of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:49 PM PST 19 January 2019 A low currently over Dixon Entrance East has started to weaken as it
moves north. Behind the low, gale to storm force southwesterlies
Over the northern and central waters this afternoon will ease to
strong to gale force southwesterlies this evening as the low
dissipates over the Alaska Panhandle. Winds will ease to below gale
force over all waters tonight.
Seas near 8 metres over Explorer, Northwestern Vancouver island
And the central waters will subside this evening as the low
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: