Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 19 October 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Wind southwesterly 10 to 15 knots increasing to southwesterly 15 to 25 this evening then diminishing to light Saturday afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Showers ending near noon Saturday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 19 October 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight dissipating cold front located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Saturday quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located over BC interior.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:05 PM PDT 19 October 2018 An intense low pressure system over the Northern Gulf of Alaska will
move into Alaska this evening while the associated weak cold front
dissipates near Cape Scott tonight. On Saturday, a ridge of high
pressure will build over Queen Charlotte Sound. Another low pressure
system will brush the northern offshore waters Saturday evening.
Strong southeast winds will prevail over central waters this
Evening ahead of the cold front with local gales near the headlands
of Vancouver Island. Winds will shift to moderate to strong west or
southwest as the front passes with gale force westerlies forecast
over the northern offshore waters.
On Saturday, strong to gale force southerlies will persist over the
northern offshore waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: