Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 10 December 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots increasing to south 45 to 55 early this afternoon then diminishing to southwest 25 to 35 late this evening. Wind veering to westerly 30 to 40 early Tuesday morning.
Rain changing to periods of rain late overnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 10 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 10 December 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:29 AM PST 10 December 2018 A vigorous frontal system over the offshore waters will move
Eastward today and lie north to south from the Alaskan Panhandle to
Southern Explorer by late this afternoon. The front will progress
into the South Coast tonight then depart into the BC Interior by
Gale to storm force southerly winds will spread across most northern
and central waters today and then to the South Coast tonight into
Tuesday morning. Winds will shift to widespread gale force
Westerlies after the passage of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: