Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PST 05 February 2023
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 25 to 35 knots becoming west 25 early Monday morning then diminishing to westerly 10 to 20 Monday afternoon.
Rain ending near noon Monday. Scattered showers Monday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 6:20 PM PST 05 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 5 February 2023 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today departing trough located over Washington
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located from the Central Coast to
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening ridge located over the South
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:52 PM PST 5 February 2023 A trough located over the Washington state continues to track
eastward. In its wake, northwesterly gales off West Vancouver Island
and westerly marginal gales through Juan de Fuca Strait will ease
A frontal system will move southeastward across Bowie. Ahead of this
system, southerly to southwesterly gales over northern waters will
spread into central waters tonight.
By Monday afternoon, the frontal system will reach the Central Coast
and Explorer with southwesterly gales over the central and southern
waters. For the inner South Coast, southeasterly gales will also
develop over Northern Strait of Georgia Monday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: