Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 01 December 2021
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 25 to 35 this morning then veering to west 25 to 35 near noon. Wind becoming west 20 to 30 early this evening then becoming west 25 to 35 Thursday morning. Wind becoming west 25 Thursday evening.
Rain changing to showers near noon then to flurries or showers this evening. Showers Thursday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 01 December 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 1 December 2021 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today intensifying frontal system located over
By 11:00 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located over
At 1:00 a.m. PST Thursday building ridge located over the South
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 AM PST 1 December 2021 This morning a frontal system is developing over Bowie and will head
towards the Alaskan Panhandle. Winds will be gale force
Southerlies ahead of the front. Behind the front gale force
westerlies will persist over northern and central waters right
through into Thursday.
Meanwhile over Explorer a weak frontal system will be heading east
along the stalled trough. Southwest gales over Southern Explorer will
ease by mid this morning as the frontal system weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: