Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 November 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind west 10 to 20 knots diminishing to light this evening then increasing to west 5 to 15 Wednesday afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Rain changing to showers near noon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 November 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over
southeastern BC interior.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located from Hecate Strait
By 9:00 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
from the Central Coast to Explorer.
At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low located over southern Explorer.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Wednesday departing low located north of
At 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday building ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 20 November 2018 A front stretching from Hecate Strait to Southern Explorer will
gradually re-align its stalled position and lie from the Central
Coast to Southern Explorer by this afternoon. Strong to gale force
southeasterlies will continue to be generated along the front.
The stalled front will re-intensify tonight as a low approaches
Vancouver Island from the south. The low will combine with the
stalled front and this combined system will move eastwards into the
inner South Coast Wednesday afternoon and into the British Columbia
Interior by Wednesday evening. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
will continue to be generated along the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: