Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 22 October 2021
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind east 40 to 50 knots becoming southerly 35 to 45 early this morning then diminishing to southerly 25 to 35 late this morning. Wind backing to southeast 35 to 45 early this evening then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 after midnight. Wind south 15 to 25 Saturday.
Showers ending after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 22 October 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 22 October 2021 Today Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low 969 mb located west of Langara.
By 7:00 a.m. PDT today departing low located north of Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today trough located on a line northwest-southeast
over the offshore waters.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight departing trough located on a line
northwest-southeast over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PDT 22 October 2021 A deep low pressure centre just west of Langara will continue its
track northwards onto the Alaskan Panhandle this morning. Widespread
storm force southeasterlies from Dixon Entrance East to Cape Scott
will shift to gale to storm force southwesterly in its wake
Through this morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: