Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PST 15 December 2018
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 50 to 60 knots diminishing to southeast 40 to 50 late this evening and to southeast 30 to 40 late overnight. Wind southeast 30 to 40 Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PST 15 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 15 December 2018 Today Tonight and Sunday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located over the offshore
By 9:30 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located from
the Alaska panhandle to Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday low located northwest of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PST 15 December 2018 An intense frontal system over the offshore waters will gradually
move toward the mainland coast today and tonight. The system will
cross inland Sunday. Widespread gale to storm force southeast winds
over the offshore waters will spread to the rest of the
Marine waters and continue tonight. Hurricane force winds
Will develop for parts of the northern and central waters later today
and persist tonight. These gale to storm force winds will continue
over southern waters Sunday morning.
A low pressure centre west of Bowie will slowly drift
Northeastward on Sunday. The low will generate strong to gale force
southerlies for northern and central waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: