Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 23 April 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 late this afternoon and to westerly 5 to 15 late this evening. Wind westerly 5 to 15 Tuesday.
Rain ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 April 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 23 April 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over northern Vancouver Island.
By 5:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday dissipating ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over southern Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over northern Haida Gwaii.
By 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 11:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday quasi-stationary trough located west of
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:25 AM PDT 23 April 2018 A frontal system over West Haida Gwaii will move eastward to Hecate
Strait early this evening. Gale force southerly winds will
Continue over most northern and central waters until early
Afternoon. The winds will become moderate southwesterlies this
evening as the system weakens.
A ridge of high pressure over BC Interior in combination with a
trough west of Vancouver Island will produce marginal gale force
northerly outflow winds through Howe Sound this morning and
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: