Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 October 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 Tuesday morning then backing to south 10 to 20 near noon Tuesday.
Periods of rain. Risk of thunderstorms Tuesday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 October 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 23 October 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Haida Gwaii.
By 3:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Wednesday frontal system located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 23 October 2018 A strong north-south front will cross Haida Gwaii this morning and
the South Coast this evening. Strong to gale force southeasterlies
ahead of the front shift to strong westerlies behind it.
On Wednesday, another intense frontal system move into the offshore
waters in the morning and reach Haida Gwaii in the afternoon. This
system will spread storm force southeast winds across northern
Waters which will shift to gale to storm force southwesterlies
In its wake. Over southern waters, strong to gale force
southeasterlies are forecast to develop by Wednesday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: