Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PST 28 January 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Wind northwest 15 to 25 knots veering to northeast 15 to 25 early this morning then diminishing to northeast 10 to 15 this evening. Wind becoming northwest 10 Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 28 January 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PST today trough located over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today departing trough located southwest of
At 4:00 a.m. PST today building ridge located over northeastern
By 4:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over the
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PST 28 January 2023 A trough over Southern Vancouver Island will slowly move southward
today while a ridge remains offshore. Strong to gale force northerly
winds will persist over southern coastal waters and Explorer between
these two features.
Meanwhile, a strong ridge of high pressure will continue to move into
the British Columbia Interior today. Strong to gale force outflow
winds in the mainland inlets will intensify to gale to storm force as
the ridge strengthens today.
Winds will diminish late in the day Sunday as the high over the
interior eventually merges with the ridge offshore to become a broad
area of high pressure over the marine district.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: