Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 PM PST 07 February 2023
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northerly 15 to 25 knots backing to westerly 20 to 30 early this evening then diminishing to west 15 late overnight. Wind backing to south 15 early Wednesday morning then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early Wednesday afternoon.
Scattered showers ending near midnight. Rain Wednesday afternoon and evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 4:00 PM PST 07 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 7 February 2023 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 1002 mb located over northern Hecate
At 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located west of the
By 4:00 p.m. PST Wednesday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:36 PM PST 7 February 2023 A 1002 millibar low will approach the mainland North Coast this
evening. Local storm force westerlies can be expected
South of the low. Gale force outflow can be expected near midday
Near Portland Inlet. Winds will ease to moderate to strong
Westerlies in the wake of the low tonight.
A new Pacific front will approach the coast on Wednesday. The front
will bring widespread gale to storm force southeasterlies to
Offshore waters on Wednesday morning and then to all northern and
central waters by Wednesday afternoon and Wednesday evening.
Hurricane force southeasterlies will develop over Northern Vancouver
Island late Wednesday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: