Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 16 May 2022
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind southeast 10 to 20 knots increasing to southeast 20 to 30 this morning. Wind southeast 20 to 30 tonight and Tuesday.
Showers. Risk of thunderstorms this afternoon and this evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 16 May 2022 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located west of the offshore waters.
By 10:00 a.m. PDT today weakening trough located from Bowie to
Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Tuesday deepening trough located west of the
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Tuesday trough located over the offshore waters.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT Tuesday approaching low 994 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:50 AM PDT 16 May 2022 A trough will move into Bowie then into central and northern
Waters through this morning. Strong to gale force southerlies will
develop ahead of the trough then weaken this afternoon as the trough
A ridge of high pressure over west coast Vancouver Island will result
in gale force inflow winds through east entrance of Juan de Fuca
strait this afternoon.
Another trough will approaching the offshore waters Tuesday
afternoon. Southerly gales will develop over Hecate Strait to
Explorer near midday Tuesday.
A low pressure centre will move over Explorer Tuesday evening then
cross Vancouver Island on Wednesday. Unseasonably strong winds are
associated with this low. Gale to storm force southerly winds will
develop ahead of the low over Explorer and west coast Vancouver
Island Tuesday night. Southeast gales are expected for inner South
Coast waters. Winds will shift to gale to storm force westerly in the
wake of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: