Dixon Entrance West
Issued 04:00 PM PST 22 January 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 20 knots except south 25 to 35 west of Langara Island. Wind becoming southeast 25 to 35 near midnight then backing to east 30 to 40 Tuesday morning.
A few showers changing to rain Tuesday afternoon.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 22 January 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 10:00 p.m. PST tonight low 992 mb located 100 miles southwest
By 2:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 984 mb located over southeastern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:43 PM PST 22 January 2018 A developing low pressure system will reach Explorer late tonight
And will move into Southeastern Bowie early Tuesday afternoon. The
system will bring gale to storm force southeast winds over most
waters by Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: