Dixon Entrance West
Issued 09:30 PM PST 22 January 2018
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots increasing to east 30 to 40 early Tuesday morning.
Periods of rain beginning after midnight.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 9:30 PM PST 22 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 22 January 2018 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 990 mb located southwest of Explorer.
By 9:30 p.m. PST Tuesday low 984 mb located over central Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:11 PM PST 22 January 2018 A developing low pressure system will reach Explorer late tonight
And then move into Southeastern Bowie early Tuesday afternoon. The
system will bring gale to storm force southeast winds over most
waters by Tuesday morning. Hurricane force southeast winds will
Occur near the headlands of West Vancouver Island North late
overnight and Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: