Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2020
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Wind south 10 to 20 knots backing to southeast 15 to 25 late this afternoon then to east 20 to 30 late this evening. Wind east 20 to 30 Tuesday.
Showers ending near noon Tuesday.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2020 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating frontal system located over
central Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located on a line
northwest-southeast over Explorer.
At 10:00 a.m. PST Tuesday trough located over Explorer.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Tuesday trough located over the South Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PST 20 January 2020 A frontal system will approach the offshore waters this
Afternoon. The system will move eastward across the offshore waters
tonight. Ahead of the front, gale force southeasterly winds
Will develop over the offshore waters this afternoon then spread to
most coastal waters tonight. Storm force southeasterlies are
Expected tonight over West Vancouver Island North. Winds will ease
To moderate to strong southerlies Tuesday as the system moves inland.
A trough will move across Explorer Tuesday morning and Vancouver
Island Tuesday afternoon. Strong to gale force southwesterlies will
develop behind the trough.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: