Dixon Entrance West
Issued 04:00 PM PST 16 November 2019
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 25 to 35 knots veering to westerly 30 to 40 early Sunday morning then diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 Sunday afternoon.
Rain changing to showers this evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 4:00 PM PST 16 November 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 16 November 2019 Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Vancouver Island.
At 1:00 a.m. PST Sunday trough located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Sunday weakening trough located near Prince Rupert.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:55 PM PST 16 November 2019 A Pacific front will cross central and southern waters tonight then
dissipate near the Lower Mainland Sunday morning. A trough of low
pressure will pass the offshore waters tonight then the coastal
waters on Sunday.
Gale force southerly or southwesterly winds will persist over most
areas tonight and Sunday morning. Winds will ease Sunday afternoon
as a ridge of high pressure builds behind the systems.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: