Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PST 09 December 2022
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 10 to 20 knots becoming variable 5 to 15 early this afternoon then becoming north 10 to 20 early this evening. Wind increasing to north 20 to 30 after midnight then becoming north 25 to 35 Saturday morning.
Scattered showers ending this evening.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 09 December 2022
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PST 09 December 2022
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 10:30 AM PST 09 December 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 9 December 2022 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PST today quasi-stationary low 982 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:28 AM PST 9 December 2022 A low will stall over Explorer today and is set to intensify tonight.
The low will drift southwards, exiting the region late on Saturday as
a ridge approaches from the west.
Gale to storm force southeasterlies will develop ahead of the low
over parts of southern and central waters. Southeasterly to
Easterly gale force winds will spread into the inner waters of the
South Coast late this afternoon. Behind the low, over the offshore
waters, strong gale force northerly winds will occur on Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: