Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 35 to 45 knots diminishing to easterly 25 to 35 this evening and to easterly 15 to 25 Thursday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 11:55 AM PST 17 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 17 January 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today intensifying low 966 mb located west of
the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday quasi-stationary low 970 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:16 AM PST 17 January 2018 A strong low pressure system will move over the offshore waters
tonight and remain stationary on Thursday. Gale to storm force
southeasterlies ahead of the low will continue today across most
waters with up to hurricane force near West Coast Vancouver Island
North and the Central Coast.
In the wake of the low, the winds will shift to gale to storm force
northerlies over Bowie Thursday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: