Dixon Entrance West
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 17 July 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind northwest 20 to 30 knots diminishing to west 10 to 15 Thursday morning.
Showers ending near noon Thursday. Risk of thunderstorms today and this evening.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 17 July 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today cold front located on a line north-south
over central Vancouver Island.
By noon PDT today departing cold front located on a line north-south
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today low located off the Alaska panhandle.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening low located off the Alaska
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM PDT 17 July 2019 A cold front over Vancouver Island will continue moving through the
South Coast this morning. Strong southeasterly winds will be observed
through the Strait of Georgia and southerly through Howe Sound today.
Once the front passes, gale force westerlies will develop over the
Juan de Fuca late this afternoon and persist overnight.
Meanwhile, a quasi-stationary low over the Alaskan Panhandle will
maintain strong to local gale force westerly or northwesterly winds
over north and central waters today through this evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: