Dixon Entrance West
Issued 09:30 PM PST 08 December 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Monday morning.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 9:30 PM PST 08 December 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 8 December 2019 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located off Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PST Tuesday weakening frontal system located on a
line north-south over the Mainland Coast.
At 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday frontal system located off Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:04 PM PST 8 December 2019 An approaching frontal system will track across the offshore waters
Monday night and weaken over Hecate Strait midday Tuesday. Ahead of
the front, gale force southerlies will develop over Bowie tonight and
spread to central and northern waters Monday morning. In its wake the
winds will shift to moderate to strong southwesterly.
On Tuesday afternoon, southeast gales will develop over Bowie as
another frontal system approaches.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: