Dixon Entrance West
Issued 07:09 AM PDT 13 April 2021
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 20 to 30 knots diminishing to southeast 15 to 20 Wednesday morning and to southeast 10 to 15 Wednesday afternoon. Wind diminishing to light Wednesday evening.
Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
Dixon Entrance West - east of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 13 April 2021
Dixon Entrance West - west of LangaraIssued 04:00 AM PDT 13 April 2021
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 13 April 2021 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 a.m. PDT today building ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
north-south over Haida Gwaii.
At 5:00 p.m. PDT today approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 AM PDT 13 April 2021 A frontal system west of Bowie will give strong to gale force
southerly winds over the Northern Bowie region beginning this
evening. Winds will diminish by Wednesday morning as the system moves
away to the north.
With quasi-stationary high pressure over the BC Interior, outflow
winds persist through mainland inlets. In Howe Sound, these
Northerly outflow winds have reached marginal gale force and will
ease this morning. The northerly gale force winds will redevelop over
Howe Sound tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: