Dixon Entrance West
Issued 10:30 AM PST 11 December 2019
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southeast 30 to 40 early this evening and to southerly 25 late this evening. Wind southwest 20 to 30 Thursday.
Rain changing to showers this evening. Risk of thunderstorms tonight and Thursday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance WestIssued 10:30 AM PST 11 December 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 11 December 2019 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today frontal system located on a line north-south
By 10:00 p.m. PST tonight weakening frontal system located on a
line northwest-southeast over Hecate Strait.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday trough located west of Bowie.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Thursday trough located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:11 AM PST 11 December 2019 A frontal system moving through the northern and central waters and
southern offshore waters today will cross the mainland coast this
Widespread gale to storm force southeasterlies are expected ahead of
the front today with near hurricane force southeasterlies possible
near the headlands of North Vancouver Island. Winds will ease to
strong southwesterlies behind the front.
A trough will move through Bowie Thursday afternoon generating gale
force southwesterlies as it passes.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: