Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 19 February 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 10 to 20 late this afternoon and to light this evening. Wind increasing to south 10 to 20 early Thursday morning and to south 20 to 30 late Thursday morning. Wind increasing to south 30 to 40 Thursday afternoon and to south 45 Thursday evening.
Rain ending this evening. Rain Thursday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 19 February 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PST today cold front located over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today dissipating cold front located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today building ridge located over Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday departing ridge located over southern
At 1:00 a.m. PST Thursday approaching frontal system located west
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:22 AM PST 19 February 2020 A cold front over Haida Gwaii will slowly drift eastward today then
dissipate tonight over central waters. Ahead of the front, gale force
southerly winds will begin to ease this afternoon as the front
weakens then become light tonight as the front dissipates.
Another frontal system will approach Bowie overnight and continue
towards the North Coast on Thursday. Gale to storm force southerlies
will develop ahead of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: