Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 17 January 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 25 to 35 knots except northeasterly outflow 35 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming easterly 15 to 25 near noon Thursday.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 17 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 17 January 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low 964 mb located over northwestern
By 10:00 a.m. PST Thursday quasi-stationary low 972 mb located
100 miles southwest of Cape St. James.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:14 PM PST 17 January 2018 A strong low pressure system over the central offshore waters will
move to lie near 100 miles southwest of Cape St James by Thursday
morning and remain stationary. Gale to storm force southeasterlies
ahead of the low will continue tonight across most waters and ease
To strong to gale force near noon Thursday. South of the low, storm
to hurricane force southwesterlies over Southern Explorer will ease
to gale force Thursday afternoon.
In the wake of the low, the winds over Bowie will shift to strong to
gale force northerlies on Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: