Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 07 May 2021
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to southeast 25 to 35 early Saturday morning then diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 Saturday afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 10 to 15 Saturday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 07 May 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 7 May 2021 Tonight and Saturday At 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight intensifying trough located over Bowie.
By 2:00 p.m. PDT Saturday departing trough located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT Saturday building ridge located over the offshore
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located on a line north-south over
the offshore waters.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:19 PM PDT 7 May 2021 A trough in a north to south line will move over Haida Gwaii early
Saturday morning and onto the North Coast by late afternoon. Strong
to locally gale force southeast winds will develop along Hecate
Strait and Dixon Entrance East.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: