Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 06 February 2023
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind south 25 to 35 knots diminishing to westerly 15 to 25 this morning and to westerly 10 to 15 this afternoon. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 20 near midnight then becoming southeast 15 to 25 Tuesday morning. Wind becoming westerly 20 to 30 Tuesday afternoon then diminishing to westerly 15 to 20 Tuesday evening.
Rain changing to scattered showers near noon. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 06 February 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 6 February 2023 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located from the North Coast
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Central
Coast to Explorer.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Tuesday low 1000 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Tuesday low 999 mb located over southern Hecate
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:20 AM PST 6 February 2023 A frontal system will move southeastward across most of the northern
waters. Ahead of this system, southerly to southwesterly gales over
northern waters will spread into central waters tonight.
By this afternoon, the frontal system will reach the Central Coast
and Explorer with southwesterly gales over the central and southern
waters. For the inner South Coast, southeasterly gales will also
develop over Northern Strait of Georgia this afternoon.
A 1000 MB low will approach Southern Bowie early Tuesday
Morning. Gale force westerly winds in its vicinity will develop over
parts of the offshore and central waters early Tuesday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: