Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 06 December 2022
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind northwest 10 to 20 knots backing to southwest 10 to 20 near noon then to south 25 this evening. Wind increasing to south 35 after midnight and to south 35 to 45 Wednesday morning. Wind becoming south 40 to 50 near noon Wednesday then diminishing to southwest 15 to 25 Wednesday evening.
Periods of drizzle changing to rain this afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 06 December 2022
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 6 December 2022 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 2:00 p.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Explorer.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday cold front located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:56 AM PST 6 December 2022 A cold front will approach the offshore waters later today and reach
Haida Gwaii on Wednesday morning then sweep through southern waters.
Ahead of the front gale force southerly winds will affect the
majority of outer coastal waters, with gale to storm force winds
forecast from Haida Gwaii to the headlands of Vancouver Island on
Wednesday. Gale to storm force northwesterly winds will follow the
front later in the day on Wednesday.
For waters of the inner South Coast strong to gale force
southeasterlies will develop near midday on Wednesday and likely
persist into the late evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: