Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 23 February 2020
Today Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to northwest 25 to 35 near noon then diminishing to northwest 15 to 25 early this evening. Wind becoming westerly 15 late overnight then diminishing to light early Monday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 10 to 20 near noon Monday and to southeast 20 to 30 Monday afternoon. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Monday evening.
Showers ending near midnight. Rain Monday late in the day.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 23 February 2020 Today Tonight and Monday At 10:30 a.m. PST today low 998 mb located near Port Hardy.
By 4:00 p.m. PST today low located over southern BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Monday ridge located on a line northwest-southeast
At 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located over western Bowie.
By 10:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located on a line
north-south over eastern Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:27 AM PST 23 February 2020 An intense low pressure system over Northern Vancouver Island this
morning will move into the BC Interior this afternoon.
Gale to storm force northwest winds will prevail today over most
marine regions in the wake of the low.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: