Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 22 September 2020
Tonight and Wednesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 35 to 45 knots increasing to southeast 45 to 55 early this evening then diminishing to southeast 35 to 45 late overnight. Wind diminishing to south 20 to 30 early Wednesday morning then becoming south 20 early Wednesday afternoon.
Rain with a risk of thunderstorms late Wednesday afternoon changing to showers Wednesday evening. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 September 2020
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 22 September 2020 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today intensifying frontal system located west
of Haida Gwaii.
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Wednesday departing frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:53 PM PDT 22 September 2020 A Pacific frontal system is rapidly intensifying as it approaches
Haida Gwaii. Winds have already risen to storm force southeasterlies
over most northern waters and will do so over central waters this
Winds will ease to moderate to strong southerly later this evening
over the offshore waters and by early Wednesday morning over the
Gale force southeasterlies will continue over southern and inner
waters through Wednesday morning and into early afternoon and will
ease by later afternoon as the frontal system moves over the
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: