Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PST 16 December 2018
Tonight and Monday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 45 early Monday evening.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 December 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PST 16 December 2018 Tonight and Monday At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight departing low located northwest of Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday frontal system located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday frontal system located from Sandspit to
Cape Scott then to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:25 PM PST 16 December 2018 The next intense frontal system will approach Explorer on Monday
morning. Gale to storm force southeasterlies will once again develop
across southern, central, and northern waters during the day on
Monday. Hurricane force winds are forecast Monday afternoon for the
headlands of West Vancouver Island North.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: