Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 22 August 2019
Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeasterly 40 to 50 knots diminishing to southeasterly 30 to 40 after midnight and to southerly 15 to 25 early Friday morning. Wind increasing to southerly 30 late Friday morning.
Showers ending early Friday morning. Showers beginning Friday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 August 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 22 August 2019 Tonight and Friday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line north-south over
northern Vancouver Island.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight frontal system located over Bowie.
By 10:30 a.m. PDT Friday dissipating frontal system located on a
line north-south over the Central Coast.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT Friday trough located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:23 PM PDT 22 August 2019 A frontal system over Bowie will progress into the northern and
central waters tonight then cross the Central Coast into the British
Columbia Interior Friday afternoon. Gale to marginal storm force
southerly winds will continue ahead of the system and shift to strong
westerlies in its wake.
Strong to gale force westerly winds will dominate northern waters on
Friday as a trough swings into the region.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: