Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 10 December 2018
Today Tonight and Tuesday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southerly 15 to 25 knots increasing to south 30 to 40 early this morning and to south 50 to 60 near noon. Wind diminishing to south 35 to 45 near midnight then veering to southwest 25 to 35 Tuesday morning.
Showers changing to rain this morning and ending Tuesday morning. Rain beginning Tuesday afternoon. Visibility 1 mile or less in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 10 December 2018
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 10 December 2018 Today Tonight and Tuesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located west of the offshore
By 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located from the Alaska
panhandle to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:45 AM PST 10 December 2018 A vigorous frontal system is approaching the offshore waters this
morning. The system will move eastward and lie north to south from
the Alaskan Panhandle to Southern Explorer by late this afternoon.
Gale to storm force southerly winds will spread across most northern
and central waters today and then to the South Coast tonight. Winds
will shift to gale force westerlies after the passage of the front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: