Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 20 April 2018
Today Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to northwest 20 to 30 this evening and to westerly 10 to 20 late overnight. Wind backing to southerly 15 to 25 Saturday evening.
Periods of rain ending late this afternoon. A few showers Saturday morning and afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 April 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 20 April 2018 Today Tonight and Saturday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
over central Vancouver Island.
By 7:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening ridge located on a line
northwest-southeast over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located on a line north-south
over Haida Gwaii.
At midnight PDT tonight frontal system located from Hecate Strait
to the Washington Coast.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:42 AM PDT 20 April 2018 A frontal system currently lying over Haida Gwaii will pivot around
Haida Gwaii today and lie northwest-southeast over Queen Charlotte
Sound by this evening. The frontal system will slide eastwards
through Vancouver Island tonight and into the BC Interior by early
Widespread strong to gale force southerlies will continue ahead of
Strong to gale force westerlies will develop in the wake of the
frontal system this evening and overnight then ease to generally
moderate westerly winds Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: