Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 15 February 2019
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northeast 15 to 25 knots increasing to northeast 25 to 35 Saturday evening.
Temperatures near minus 2.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 15 February 2019
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 15 February 2019 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today quasi-stationary ridge located over BC
At 4:00 p.m. PST today trough located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Saturday quasi-stationary trough located on a
line northwest-southeast over Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:37 PM PST 15 February 2019 A trough of low pressure over Queen Charlotte will move to lie over
Vancouver Island tonight and remain nearly stationary on Saturday.
West of the trough, strong to gale force northerly winds over the
offshore waters will spread to the west coast of Haida Gwaii and
Vancouver Island Saturday morning.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: