Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 06 August 2020
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots becoming southeast 10 to 20 this afternoon then veering to south 25 late this evening. Wind increasing to south 35 late overnight then diminishing to southwest 20 Friday morning.
Showers with a risk of thunderstorms this morning changing to rain near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 06 August 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 6 August 2020 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today trough located on a line north-south over
By 10:30 a.m. PDT today departing trough located on a line
north-south over the North Coast.
At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight trough located on a line north-south
By 8:00 a.m. PDT Friday trough located on a line north-south over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 4:00 AM PDT 6 August 2020 A trough of low pressure will move onto Bowie this evening
Then cross the North Coast Friday morning. Strong to locally gale
force southerly winds will develop ahead of the trough.
Westerly marginal gales will develop over Eastern and Central Juan de
Fuca Strait this morning then ease in the evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: