Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PDT 25 May 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind westerly 15 to 25 knots diminishing to west 5 to 15 this evening then becoming southeast 10 to 20 after midnight. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 early Saturday morning and to southeast 35 to 45 late Saturday morning. Wind diminishing to southeast 25 to 35 Saturday afternoon.
Chance of showers changing to rain after midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 May 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PDT 25 May 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PDT today building ridge located over Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday ridge located over northern Vancouver
At 8:00 p.m. PDT tonight building trough located west of Bowie.
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Saturday departing trough located over Hecate
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 PM PDT 25 May 2018 A ridge of high pressure over the offshore waters will produce
Gale force inflow winds through Juan de Fuca Strait this evening.
The gale force winds are expected to subside to strong westerly
As the ridge of high pressure moves east and ends up over Vancouver
Island, this will allow a frontal system to come into the offshore
waters tonight. Ahead of the front, southeast gales will develop.
The frontal system will slowly make its way east, spreading
Southeast gales to central and northern waters by Saturday
Afternoon. In behind the trough, southwest gales are expected over
Northern Bowie Saturday afternoon.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: