Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 04 March 2021
Today Tonight and Friday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southeast 5 to 15 knots increasing to northeast 15 to 25 this morning and to southeast 45 to 60 early this evening. Wind diminishing to south 30 to 40 overnight and to south 15 to 25 Friday morning. Wind becoming variable 10 to 20 near noon Friday then becoming west 10 to 20 Friday afternoon.
Periods of rain ending Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 04 March 2021
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 4 March 2021 Today Tonight and Friday At 4:00 a.m. PST today deepening low 990 mb located southwest
By 7:00 p.m. PST tonight low 982 mb located over Haida Gwaii.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Friday low 990 mb located over southwestern
By 4:00 p.m. PST Friday high 994 mb located near Cape Scott.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:57 AM PST 4 March 2021 A deepening low will track northwards across Explorer this morning
and lie over Haida Gwaii in the evening. Ahead of the low, gale to
storm force southerlies will increase to storm to hurricane force
near the low. Winds will shift to storm to hurricane force westerly
in its wake and near the low.
Another low will move over west coast Vancouver Island on Friday.
Winds will increase to gale to storm force southerly off Vancouver
Island and strong to gale force southeast over inner waters Friday
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: