Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 23 January 2018
Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 25 to 35 knots except northeasterly outflow 40 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southeast 30 to 40 this evening except northeast 30 near Portland Inlet. Wind diminishing to southeast 15 to 25 Wednesday morning then becoming northeast 15 Wednesday evening.
Periods of rain changing to chance of showers Wednesday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 23 January 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 23 January 2018 Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 p.m. PST today low 986 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Wednesday weakening low 992 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:32 PM PST 23 January 2018 A 986 MB low pressure system over Southern Bowie will gradually
weaken tonight as it moves to lie over Northern Bowie by Wednesday
Over central and northern waters gale to storm force southeast winds
will shift to strong to gale force southerly to the south of the low.
Over southern waters gale force southeast winds will ease to moderate
to strong southeast tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: