Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 16 November 2018
Tonight and Saturday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind east 10 to 20 knots except northeast 35 near Portland Inlet late this afternoon and tonight and northeast 25 near Portland Inlet Saturday morning. Wind becoming southeast 20 to 30 near noon Saturday.
Showers beginning Saturday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 16 November 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 16 November 2018 Tonight and Saturday At 4:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located over BC interior.
At 4:00 p.m. PST today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 9:00 p.m. PST Saturday frontal system located over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:47 PM PST 16 November 2018 A ridge over the BC Interior is giving strong outflow winds to the
mainland inlets. The outflow winds will reach gale force tonight
Over the North Coast and then diminish as the ridge weakens on
Offshore, a stationary front will slowly begin to advance on
Saturday spreading strong southerlies to most of the North Coast.
The South Coast will remain under the ridge on Saturday with
Moderate outflow winds expected.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: