Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2022
Today Tonight and Friday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind west 15 to 25 knots becoming west 15 early this evening then backing to south 15 late this evening. Wind increasing to south 20 to 30 after midnight then becoming southeast 25 to 35 early Friday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 1:07 PM PST 20 January 2022
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PST 20 January 2022 Today Tonight and Friday At 10:30 a.m. PST today departing frontal system located on a line
north-south over the Lower Mainland.
At 10:30 a.m. PST today dissipating trough located over Queen
At 10:30 a.m. PST today ridge located west of the offshore waters.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Friday quasi-stationary ridge located over the
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight quasi-stationary frontal system located
west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PST 20 January 2022 A weakened frontal system over the Lower Mainland will depart the
region this morning. In the wake of the system, gale force
Westerlies will continue through Juan de Fuca Strait this morning and
this evening before easing.
A trough over Queen Charlotte Sound this morning is maintaining
widespread strong to gale force westerlies across most outer and
offshore waters. The trough will rapidly weaken through the day and
the westerlies will ease to generally moderate speeds by this
Another frontal system will stall just west of Bowie tonight and
Friday. During this period, southerly gales will develop across
Bowie and parts of the northern waters.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Hello Weather: our upgraded telephone weather service is here. 1-833-794-3556 or 1-833-79HELLO.
- Date modified: