Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 18 September 2018
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Wind southeast 15 to 25 knots except northeast 25 near the mainland inlets late this morning. Wind becoming southeast 10 to 15 early this evening then becoming variable 5 to 15 near midnight. Wind variable 5 to 15 Wednesday.
Showers ending Wednesday evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 18 September 2018 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today low 1013 mb located over northwestern Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening low 1017 mb located over
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today trough from low located from Bowie to Cape
St. James then to Explorer.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight weakening trough from low located from
Bowie to Cape Scott then to Explorer.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:17 AM PDT 18 September 2018 A trough of low pressure over the North Coast will bring gale force
southeasterly winds over parts of Dixon Entrance, Hecate Strait, and
Queen Charlotte Sound today. Winds will ease below gale force this
afternoon, and to light to moderate tonight.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: