Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 21 November 2018
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Wind easterly 5 to 15 knots backing to northerly 10 to 20 late this morning except northeasterly outflow 20 to 25 near the mainland inlets. Wind becoming westerly 10 to 20 late this afternoon then becoming southeast 10 to 20 this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 20 to 30 late overnight except northeast 30 near the mainland inlets Thursday.
Rain changing to showers this afternoon then to rain Thursday afternoon.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
No watches or warnings in effect.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 21 November 2018 Today Tonight and Thursday At 4:00 a.m. PST today low located over southwestern Explorer.
By 1:00 p.m. PST today departing low located over southern Hecate
At 1:00 p.m. PST today building ridge located on a line north-south
over Vancouver Island.
By 4:00 a.m. PST Thursday ridge located over BC interior.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight low located west of Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday low located near Haida Gwaii.
At 9:30 p.m. PST tonight cold front from low located on a line
northwest-southeast over Explorer.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Thursday cold front from low located from Hecate
Strait to Vancouver Island.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PST 21 November 2018 A frontal system will continue to generate gale to storm force
southeasterlies this morning over most central and southern waters.
The system will move eastwards today with the southeast winds
shifting to strong to gale force northerwesterlies for areas
immediately in its wake.
As the system departs into the BC Interior, a ridge will build
This afternoon causing winds to quickly ease below gales for
All marine regions.
The next frontal system will approach the offshore waters tonight.
The system will generate gale force southeasterlies across Explorer
this evening then spread to the coastal waters Thursday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: