Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 06 March 2021
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to south 15 to 25 early this morning and to southeast 25 to 35 early this afternoon. Wind diminishing to east 15 to 25 near midnight except northeasterly outflow 30 near the mainland inlets. Wind becoming south 20 Sunday morning then backing to southeast 15 near noon Sunday.
Showers ending near midnight. Showers Sunday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 06 March 2021
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 6 March 2021 Today Tonight and Sunday By 4:00 a.m. PST today dissipating trough located over the Lower
At 4:00 a.m. PST today frontal system located off Bowie.
By 6:00 p.m. PST tonight frontal system located over Haida Gwaii
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:44 AM PST 6 March 2021 A front will sweep across offshore waters this morning then reach
Haida Gwaii late this afternoon.
Southeast gales will develop over offshore waters this morning
Then spread across most marine waters this afternoon as the front
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
Need to travel Alberta Highway 93?
Go prepared with Highway 93 forecasts. Highway regions are available in the Alberta text forecast bulletin between Lake Louise and Jasper. (Photo by: Natalie Anderson)
- Date modified: