Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 21 April 2018
Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southerly 5 to 15 knots increasing to southerly 15 to 20 after midnight and to southeast 20 to 30 Sunday morning. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 early Sunday evening.
Chance of showers changing to periods of rain early Sunday morning.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 11:34 PM PDT 21 April 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 21 April 2018 Tonight and Sunday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located on a line
north-south over Cape Scott.
At 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located off Bowie.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:31 PM PDT 21 April 2018 A ridge of high pressure will build in a north to south line over
Cape Scott tonight and Sunday. A frontal system will be approaching
the offshore waters on Sunday and will reach Bowie Sunday evening.
Light to moderate northwesterlies will prevail east of the ridge.
Gale force southerlies will develop over Bowie overnight as the
Front approaches and will spread to most areas adjacent to Haida
Gwaii by late Sunday afternoon or Sunday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: