Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 18 April 2018
Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 25 to 35 knots increasing to southeast 35 to 40 late overnight then diminishing to variable 5 to 15 Thursday evening.
A few showers changing to rain near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 April 2018
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 9:30 PM PDT 18 April 2018 Tonight and Thursday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight building ridge located on a line
north-south over northern Vancouver Island.
By 11:00 p.m. PDT Thursday ridge located on a line north-south
over central Vancouver Island.
At 5:00 a.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located over northwestern
By 5:00 p.m. PDT Thursday frontal system located on a line
northeast-southwest over Haida Gwaii.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PDT 18 April 2018 A frontal system will be approaching the North Coast tonight. The
front will reach Bowie overnight and will lie in a northeast to
southwest line across Haida Gwaii by late Thursday afternoon.
Moderate to strong southerlies will rise to gale force
This evening over most of the central and
Northern waters ahead of the approaching front.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: