Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PST 18 February 2020
Today Tonight and Wednesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 10 to 15 knots increasing to southeast 15 to 25 early this morning and to southeast 35 late this afternoon. Wind diminishing to west 10 to 20 Wednesday evening.
Rain Wednesday morning Wednesday afternoon and evening.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PST 18 February 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PST 18 February 2020 Today Tonight and Wednesday At 4:00 a.m. PST today ridge located off Explorer.
By 1:00 p.m. PST today weakening ridge located on a line north-south
At 4:00 a.m. PST today cold front located west of Bowie.
By 1:00 p.m. PST Wednesday departing cold front located on a line
north-south over Hecate Strait.
At 7:00 a.m. PST Wednesday approaching ridge located west of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:48 AM PST 18 February 2020 An approaching cold front will move to lie over Bowie this
Morning. Ahead of the front, gale to storm force southerlies will
develop over Bowie this morning and spread to northern and
Central waters in the afternoon and into evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: