Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 PM PST 20 January 2019
Tonight and Monday.
Storm warning in effect.
Wind southerly 10 to 20 knots becoming south 20 near midnight then increasing to southeast 25 to 35 near noon Monday. Wind increasing to southeast 40 to 50 Monday afternoon.
Showers ending near midnight.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 4:00 PM PST 20 January 2019
'Storm' force winds of 48 to 63 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 PM PST 20 January 2019 Tonight and Monday At 4:00 p.m. PST today weakening low 1005 mb located north of Bowie.
At 4:00 a.m. PST Monday deepening low 993 mb located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PST Monday low 986 mb located northwest of Bowie.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:46 PM PST 20 January 2019 A deepening area of low pressure will approach Bowie early Monday
morning and lie to the northwest by Monday afternoon. Gale force
southerly winds will spread to the majority of coastal waters Monday
morning and intensify to gale to storm force winds that afternoon
Far southern waters will be protected by a ridge of high pressure on
Monday, but should see an increase in southeasterly winds Monday
night as the ridge weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: