Dixon Entrance East
Issued 04:00 AM PDT 30 September 2023
Today Tonight and Sunday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind northwest 5 to 15 knots becoming light early this afternoon then increasing to southeast 5 to 15 early this evening. Wind increasing to southeast 15 to 25 late this evening then becoming southeast 20 to 30 late overnight except northeast 20 near Portland Inlet. Wind increasing to southeast 30 to 40 Sunday morning except northeast 25 near Portland Inlet. Wind becoming southeast 20 to 30 Sunday afternoon then becoming westerly 20 to 25 Sunday evening.
Rain beginning near midnight changing to scattered showers Sunday evening. Visibility as low as 1 mile in rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 04:00 AM PDT 30 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 4:00 AM PDT 30 September 2023 Today Tonight and Sunday At 4:00 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line northeast-southwest
By 11:00 p.m. PDT tonight ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over Queen Charlotte Sound.
At 4:00 p.m. PDT today frontal system located over Bowie.
By 4:00 a.m. PDT Sunday frontal system located over Hecate Strait.
Marine Weather StatementIssued 3:42 AM PDT 30 September 2023 A ridge of high pressure continues to build towards the central
waters today. Northwesterly gales will continue over parts of
West Vancouver Island, Southern Explorer, and through Johnstone
A frontal system will slide eastward across Bowie Saturday evening.
Ahead of the system, southerly gales are expected over the northern
waters late Saturday.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: