Dixon Entrance East
Issued 10:30 AM PDT 08 April 2020
Today Tonight and Thursday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind southeast 30 to 40 knots diminishing to south 15 to 25 near midnight then becoming northwest 15 early Thursday morning. Wind veering to north 15 to 20 Thursday evening.
Periods of rain ending near noon Thursday.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 10:30 AM PDT 08 April 2020
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:30 AM PDT 8 April 2020 Today Tonight and Thursday At 10:30 a.m. PDT today ridge located on a line north-south over
Queen Charlotte Sound.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today quasi-stationary ridge located on a line
northeast-southwest over northern Vancouver Island.
At 10:30 a.m. PDT today frontal system located west of Bowie.
By 4:00 p.m. PDT today weakening frontal system located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 10:21 AM PDT 8 April 2020 A frontal system will generate gale force southerly winds across the
northern waters today. The winds will ease below gales this evening
as the system weakens.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
What we are doing
- Date modified: