Dixon Entrance East
Issued 09:30 PM PDT 25 September 2023
Tonight and Tuesday.
Gale warning in effect.
Wind easterly 20 to 30 knots becoming southeast 25 to 35 near midnight then increasing to southeast 35 to 45 late overnight. Wind becoming southeast 35 Tuesday afternoon.
Periods of rain.
Zoom-in to make a selection
There is no ice forecast issued for this area.
Warnings (In effect)
Dixon Entrance EastIssued 9:30 PM PDT 25 September 2023
'Gale' force winds of 34 to 47 knots are occurring or expected to occur in this marine area. Watch for updated statements. Please refer to the latest marine forecasts for further details and continue to monitor the situation through Canadian Coast Guard radio or Weatheradio stations.
Technical Marine SynopsisIssued 10:59 PM PDT 25 September 2023 Tonight and Tuesday At 9:30 p.m. PDT tonight low 972 mb located over southern Bowie.
By 9:30 p.m. PDT Tuesday departing low 990 mb located over
Marine Weather StatementIssued 9:21 PM PDT 25 September 2023 An intense low will remain over Bowie tonight and Tuesday before
moving northwards to the Alaskan Panhandle Wednesday morning.
Ahead of the low, gale to storm force southeasterlies will continue
tonight and Tuesday over central and northern waters. In its
Wake, winds will shift to strong to gale force westerly through
Significant wave heights of 5 to 7 metres will continue tonight
Over central and northern coastal waters.
Conditions are favourable for waterspout development over Explorer
and west coast Vancouver Island overnight through Tuesday evening.
Mackenzie - Mackenzie River Area
- Axe Point mile 91 to Camsell Bend mile 290
- Bowie - northern half
- Camsell Bend mile 290 to Tulita mile 512
- Dixon Entrance East
- Dixon Entrance West - east of Langara
- Dixon Entrance West - west of Langara
- Fort Good Hope mile 684 to Point Separation mile 913
- Great Slave Lake - basin
- Great Slave Lake - east arm
- Great Slave Lake - north arm
- Hecate Strait - northern half
- Lake Athabasca - eastern half
- Lake Athabasca - western half
- North Mackenzie
- North Tuktoyaktuk
- Point Separation mile 913 to Kittigazuit Bay mile 1081
- Prince Alfred
- Prince of Wales
- Tuktoyaktuk - northern half
- Tuktoyaktuk - southern half
- Tulita mile 512 to Fort Good Hope mile 684
- West Coast Haida Gwaii - northern half
- Wrigley Harbour mile 0 to Axe Point mile 91
- Yukon Coast
- Arctic - Eastern Arctic
- Arctic - Western Arctic
- Atlantic - Labrador
- Atlantic - Maritimes
- Atlantic - Newfoundland
- Great Lakes - Lake Erie and Lake Ontario
- Great Lakes - Lake Huron
- Great Lakes - Lake Superior
- Date modified: